On-Site and Video Based Training
Click on the video below to view a sample of ASTEP’s training offerings:
After training, ASTEP will guide you through the recruitment process of job candidates with AS/HFA. ASTEP’s partnerships with programs and service providers nationwide will allow your company to find candidates most suited for your workplace.
To learn more about training opportunities with ASTEP, contact us at 212-839-0030, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclosure Fact Sheet – Q & A on Customized Employment: Disclosure – by Virginia Commonwealth University T-TAP and The Institute for Community Inclusion University of Massachusetts-Boston w/contributions from Pam Target and Dr. Katherine Inge of T-TAP
- (ADA) – Americans with Disabilities Act – Fast Facts on Reasonable Accommodations by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and VCU-RRTC on Workplace Supports
This PDF file gives a quick overview on providing reasonable accommodations in the work place. It also provides phones numbers and links for employers and employees to obtain additional information about the ADA.
- JAN’s Accommodation and Compliance Series: Employees with Autism Spectrum Disorder
General information about Autism Spectrum Disorders, and possible accommodations for employees on the spectrum.
- Accessing Employment Supports in the Adult System for Transitioning Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders– by Jennifer T. McDonough and Grant Revell
- Addressing Employer Personnel Needs and Improving Employment Training, Job Placement and Retention for Individuals with Disabilities Through Public-Private Partnerships – by Darlene Unger
- Employment and Adults with Asperger Syndrome – by K. Hurlbutt & L Chalmers
- Overview of Some Adult Disability Services for People with Autism – by Dr. Scott Standifer of the University of Missouri
- Tax Credits for Businesses – The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) Program allows businesses to solve key workforce shortages and reduce hiring costs by accessing tax credits for hiring employees with disabilities.