The Asperger Syndrome Training & Employment Partnership (ASTEP) promotes the inclusion of individuals with Asperger Syndrome and similar autism spectrum profiles in competitive employment through:
- Awareness and training campaigns aimed at Fortune 1000 companies;
- Establishing relationships between high quality support programs for adults with Asperger’s throughout the US and national employers;
- And, developing Corporate Partners to implement integrated employment programs for adults with Asperger Syndrome.
ASTEP aims to help employers create a more inclusive workplace environment for existing employees with Asperger Syndrome (AS) and similar autism spectrum profiles and to bring together employers and vocational support professionals to successfully recruit and integrate these individuals. ASTEP does this by Educating Employers & Building Relationships.
- Educating Employers about the special skills and talents of individuals with AS/similar autism spectrum profiles, the business benefits of employing people with Asperger Syndrome, and the accommodations they may need in the workplace. We encourage employers to incorporate the hiring and retention of individuals with AS/similar autism spectrum profiles into their diversity and inclusion programs, and give them the tools and training they need to feel confident. ASTEP offers video based corporate training opportunities, as well as on-site training presentations. With our help, you can make the most of your current employees with AS/similar autism spectrum profiles, and allow your company to maximize its productivity.
- Building Relationships with vocational support organizations to facilitate employer access to candidates with AS/similar autism spectrum profiles. Vocational support organizations can be privately funded organizations, state or federally funded organizations, or post-secondary educational programs that provide specialized support for students and young adults with AS/similar autism spectrum profiles. For programs and service-organizations, you can begin your partnership with ASTEP by calling 212-839-0030 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working with employers to implement successful workplace strategies for employing people with Asperger Syndrome is our top priority. We will work with all involved to ensure our program’s success.
While we do not provide support services to individuals looking for work opportunities, you can find web resources and programs to assist you on your job hunt on our Assistance for Individuals page.